Free radio app that lets you listen to stations anywhere
TuneIn Radio, a small application where you can listen to over 100,000 radio stations across the globe, even includes the international stations in languages you may not speak. For language learners, this becomes a phenomenal opportunity to immerse yourself in the language, and for music lovers of more eclectic taste, you will spot a wide variety of stations. You can program stations you want to hear for specific hours so that you don't miss your favorite programs.
You can pause the live station for thirty minutes, and you can add stations to your preferred list. This lets you discover new music. To use the application, you do not pay anything, and a world of possibilities opens up to those who enjoy radio. TuneIn Radio includes an optional premium package where you can access NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB and NFL games commercial free. In addition, you open the door to an unlimited number of audiobooks through the premium package.
Follow all your favorite podcasts and talk shows like Marc Maron, Steve Harvey Morning Show and the Rush Limbaugh Show. You also have some of the best local stations like Chicago's WTMX, Seattle's KEXP and LA's KCRW. As long as you own an Android device, you can bring your favorite tunes with you. Kick back and listen to your favorite radio stations or listen on the run. TuneIn Radio has even been mentioned numerous times by major media outlets like USA Today, Associated Press, Billboard and Digital Trends.
- Over 100,000 stations to choose from
- Listen to your favorite sports games through the premium package
- Plenty of interesting podcasts and talk shows to keep you coming back
- Listen to the radio stations of another country
- Prone to random freezes
Disable now playing tabs while offline
Fix for podcast information & artwork disappearing on restart while offline
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- BLUETOOTH: Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.